Welcome to the section dedicated to the Special Interest Reproductive Surgery. Here you can read more about us, our activities and our recommended reading.
• to promote minimal invasive diagnostic tools.
• to promote the surgical therapy of “organic” causes of infertility as first step of treatment of infertile couples in order to re-establish fertility or create the best conditions to improve ART outcome.
• Primum non nocere: SIG RS in concerned also to safety in surgery. Safe surgical access, correct use of instruments in particular electric ones, prevention of surgery-correlated injuries specially in endoscopic techniques have to be correctly acquired form young surgeons before starting (seems obvious but isn’t).
• The organisation of symposia and training activities with a particular care addressed to residents and young clinicians.
• Organisation of pre congress courses on ESHRE congresses
• Organisation of live surgery sessions involving expert clinicians
• To cooperate with other endoscopic society in order to create a network of teaching institutes.
Currently there are 1155 ESHRE members affiliated to the SIG Reproductive Surgery (September 2017)
In the last issue of ESHRE's news magazine you can read about the SIG's upcoming training events.